Search

HappyMe Tea- Serotonin Support

What is serotonin and why is it important for you to know? Serotonin or 5-hydroxytryptamine is a neurotransmitter in the brain that is popularly known as the "happy chemical.' Serotonin plays a key role in the production of melatonin, appetite, the emotions, motor, cognitive, and autonomic functions. Sounds pretty important right? Not something you want to be deficient in , right? According to an article written by Nancy Moyer, M.D. serotonin deficiency symptoms include: (1)

  • depressed mood

  • aggression

  • impulsive behavior

  • insomnia

  • irritability

  • low self-esteem

  • poor appetite

  • poor memory

  • anxiety

Serotonin deficiency is also associated with psychological issues such as:

  • eating disorders

  • obsessive-compulsive disorder

  • panic disorder

  • post-traumatic stress disorder

  • social anxiety disorder

Do any of these symptoms sound familiar to you? Before I begin to discuss how to support your body in the natural production of serotonin please be mindful I am not a physician and I am not here to treat, cure, or diagnosis any disease. If you are experiencing problems please consult your healthcare provider.


The question now is, how do I safely produce more serotonin? You must first understand how your body makes serotonin. 95% of serotonin is found in your gut with only the remaining 5% produced in your brain. But your brain doesn't just make serotonin out of thin air...it needs a precursor. The precursor to serotonin is tryptophan. In most cases it is quite easy to get efficient amounts of tryptophan in your diet as long as you eat sufficient amounts of meat, cheese, dairy, or fish. *cue the vegan panic That's right! If you are vegan or vegetarian or just don't like eating meat, you could be depriving your body of the essential precursors it needs in order to produce serotonin. Yikes! No worries, Vishuddi's has created a perfectly packaged tea with ingredients that could help your brain naturally and safely produce more serotonin. The main ingredients in our tea are guayusa and spirulina. Both of which have been shown to contain high levels of tryptophan. (2) (3) Simply drink 1 to 2 cups of tea consistently for at least 30 days to see improvement. Yes I said 30 days. It is vital to give your body time to adjust to the increase in tryptophan. Yes, you can go to the store and buy store bought, lab made, serotonin. But please be cautious. Adding a surge of 5-HT can have serious side effects! Vishuddi's has provided a natural safe alternative that can be taken daily. Think about it...when a doctor prescribes anti-depressants they inform you the medicine takes at least four weeks to begin to show results. Your body needs time to build up the supply of serotonin and to activate serotonin receptors.


Guayusa our star ingredient has been used in Ecuador for thousands of years as a sacred medicine by the Kichwa tribes. The Kichwa often refer to guayusa as the shaman's coffee for it's ability to induce lucid dreaming. Every purchase you make of HappyMe Tea directly impacts the lives of the Kichwa people. We have chosen a manufacture that not only ensures the traditional harvesting and processing methods stay intact, this company also ensures fair pay for the tribe members. The income provided by guayusa helps keep the traditions of the Kichwa tribes alive.


Order your HappyMe Tea today by visiting our websites store.


Cited sources:


1. https://www.healthline.com/health/serotonin-deficiency#symptoms


2. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1091581815625594


3. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/326293829_Spirulina_as_a_main_source_of_tryptophan_for_mental_illness_Improving_level_of_serotonin_through_tryptophan_supplementation

4 views